To create a survey, access the “survey” option under the “dashboard” section of the app or desktop site. From that page you’ll be presented with all the current surveys which are active. The tab menu on the page allows you to switch to view all the surveys which have been completed. In the bottom right corner of the screen you’ll notice a green “+” button to create a new survey.
When creating a survey you’ll be prompted for:
- Name of the survey
- Begin date / time - Note that surveys can’t be created for today’s date, you must create a survey at least 1 day in advance.
- End date / time
- Which team should be survey be applied to (alumni, family, patients)
- Survey questions:
Question Types - The system supports multiple question types. Her's a listing of those questions and how they're used.
- Multiple choice - You can define up to 5 options for the user to select from in an expanded list. Yes or No is a typical use case for this question type.
- Picklist - If you have a longer list of options (greater than 5) use the picklist question type.
- Scale - The scale question type allows you to set a max and min value along with an icon (happy/sad, thumbs up/down, or arrow up/down) to a given question. Typical questions include “Rate your mood” or “Would you recommend Holistic Wellness to someone seeking treatment?”
- Open Ended - Some questions require a longer text response. The opened ended question type allows you to ask your audience to provide more detailed responses for a given question.
After you create a question select “done” to be taken back to the survey management page. From the survey management page you can create additional questions or order your current questions. Once you’ve added all the desired questions click the “save” button and you’ll be taken back to the list of active surveys.
You can edit a survey up to the start time of the survey by selecting the “edit” icon
If the survey has already started you have the option to stop the survey by selecting the “stop” icon. Stopping a survey will close it from being viewed and completed by additional users.
After a survey has been completed you can export a file which contains all the responses for the survey. This includes the name and email address for all the users. Only one survey can be active at a time for a given group of users.
When a survey becomes active, users will receive a notification (email or push) prompting them to complete the survey. From the stream page or the menu, users can access any active surveys.